To enhance our Bill Pay service, Glass City Federal CU is in the process of changing to a new Bill Pay service provider. Please click here for more information regarding Bill Pay functionality during the conversion process.
Glass City Federal Credit Union is pleased to offer Apple Pay as a payment option for all Glass City Visa Credit and Debit cardholders. Upon adding a Glass City Visa Credit or Debit Card to Apple Pay on a compatible iphone or device, cardholders can make in-store purchases with a single touch or wave of their phone at the contactless reader at participating retailers and restaurants. Apple Pay is also compatible with the iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 or newer versions for in-app purchases.
Payments via Apple Pay are private and secure as each transaction is authorized with a one-time, unique security code. The cardholder’s card number and information are never exposed with Apple Pay, as there is no need to present a card at check-out.
Instructions to set up Apple Pay on your iPhone 6 or newer:
To add your Glass City Visa Credit or Debit Card to your iPhone for Apple Pay:
- On your iPhone, open Wallet or go to “Settings” > Passbook & Apple Pay.
- Tap “Add Credit or Debit Card”
- If your Glass City Visa is the supported credit/debit card for your iTunes account, simply enter the card’s security code (the 3-digit code on the back of the card). Otherwise:
- Use your phone’s camera to capture the information on your credit/debit card OR enter your Card details as prompted: name (Glass City Federal Credit Union), card number, expiration date and security code; Tap “next.”
- Your card will then be “verified” for Apple Pay.
- You will be prompted to call an Activation Line to confirm your identity/card information.
- After your card is verified, tap “next.”
- You can now start using Apple Pay for in-store and in-app purchases.
Please visit www.apple.com for further instruction and to add Apple Pay to your other compatible devices.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is Apple’s mobile payments service that allows you to use your phone or device instead of swiping a credit or debit card for in-store purchases.
What do I need to use Apple Pay?
- iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus (or newer) with iOS 8.1 or above (Apple Pay in stores and within apps)
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini or newer versions (Apple Pay within apps)
- Apple Watch paired with a compatible iPhone (Apple Pay in stores)
How do I use Apple Pay for in-store purchases?
To make an in-store payment, simply hold your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID. Or you can double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked to access Wallet and quickly make your purchases. If using an Apple Watch, double-press the side button and hold your device near the contactless reader. You will receive a confirmation on your iPhone or Apple Watch to inform you of payment completion.
To determine Apple Pay vendor compatibility, look for one of these symbols at checkout or in the Maps app:
How secure is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is safer than using a traditional credit or debit card. Every transaction on your iPhone or iPad requires you to authenticate with Touch ID or your passcode. Your Apple Watch is protected by the passcode that only you know, and your passcode is required every time you put on your Apple Watch. Your card number and identity aren’t shared with the merchant, and your actual card numbers aren’t stored on your device or on Apple servers. For more information about Apple Pay security and privacy, visit www.apple.com.
How does Apple Pay keep my information private?
Will I have to sign a receipt or enter a pin when paying with Apple Pay?
As you do today with a plastic credit card, you may need to sign a receipt, depending on the store and the transaction amount.
Please visit www.apple.com for more details regarding the following:
- Apple Pay privacy and security
- How to set up Apple Pay on your other compatible devices
- How to return an item purchased in-store with Apple Pay
- What to do if your device is lost or stolen
Students are eligible to apply for the Glass City Federal Credit Union Scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
- The student will be attending a 2- or 4-year accredited post-secondary institution, during the 2017-18 school year.
- The student is a member of Glass City Federal; or a parent, step-parent, or legal guardian is a member of Glass City.
- The student submits the required essay and completes the application.
How To Apply
Please complete and submit the application with the required essay by March 31, 2017. Winners will be notified by May 1, 2017.
Scholarship and Essay Details
Again this year, Glass City will award five scholarships, in the amount of $1,000 each. The scholarship will be paid to the Office of the Bursar at the colleges attended by our winners, no later than August 2017. Winners must show proof of enrollment before scholarship payment is sent. Scholarship essays will be reviewed anonymously by Glass City community business partners. The essays will be scored with attention given to spelling and grammar, content, validity and sincerity, and the applicant’s ability to answer the question.
Click the image below to view/print the Glass City Scholarship Application.
Glass City has partnered with Buzz Points, a free rewards program for all members with a Glass City Debit Card!
Buzz Points offers points towards rewards with the debit card purchases you make. The average user earns $40 in rewards annually, without doing anything extra!
Sign up at www.buzzpoints.com/glasscityfcu, and be sure to have the following information handy:
1. Your member number (often found on a statement or check),
2. The last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
Sign up today and receive 500 points automatically!!
You can download a new and improved mobile banking application by searching for “Glass City FCU Mobile” on the iTunes or Google Play app store. Click here for more information.
Glass City is pleased to provide a mobile app with a robust offering of features and functionality to protect your Glass City debit card from fraud.
Our SecurLOCK mobile app allows you the ultimate real-time control of where and how your debit card can be used. You will have the capability to customize your debit card using the features and preferences below:
- Switch card on/off: lock or unlock your card with a single touch. An auto-lock feature turns on your card for a specified time or for a certain number of purchases
- Control by location: limit card activity by location
- Control preferences: set specific merchant categories, transaction types and spend limits
- Instant transaction alerts: be notified immediately of debit card transactions
This free debit card text alert/card control app is available for Apple’s iPhone and Android smartphones. You can find the app in the Apple iTunes App Store or Google Play Store by searching for SecurLOCK Equip.
Click here for instructions to register your debit card today!
Now you can enjoy a real-time, instant fuel price rollback at the pump and save $0.50 per gallon, up to 20 gallons, every time you fill up. Simply use your Glass City ScoreCard Rewards Visa Debit or Credit Card at the beginning of your transaction at a participating BP station to see the fuel discount offer and redeem for savings!
To assist area elementary schools, Glass City Federal will be collecting hats, mittens, and gloves at all branches Monday, December 5 through Saturday, December 10. Collection boxes will be displayed in each branch. Thanks in advance to our membership for donations to select area schools!