COVID-19 Scam Alerts
Members: Please be aware that scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) in an effort to trick consumers into handing over personal information or money.
The following are tips to protect your identity and safeguard your accounts based on current phone, email and texting scams:
- Don’t click on links sent to you via email or text from sources you don’t know. This could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Do not ever provide your personal information (social security number, account numbers, Home or Mobile Banking usernames or passwords, etc.) to anyone who contacts you by phone, text or email.
- Watch for fraudulent emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health experts. Legitimate information is available for free at www.cdc.gov and www.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- Ignore online offers or advertisements for vaccinations or products available to treat the disease. There are no products online or in-stores for this purpose.
- Be cautious of anyone going door to door offering coronavirus testing or requesting personal information.
- Donation requests are on the rise so always research/verify the authenticity of a charity.
- For more information about current scams and to verify a charity, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website or www.OhioProtects.org.
Across the USA
Glass City Federal Credit Union is part of Shared Branching—a network of credit unions across the country that actually shares their branches with each other. As a Glass City member, you can use any other participating credit union’s branch for most deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, and other transactions.