My Generation Student Banking
Glass City’s “My Generation Student Banking Program” is designed especially
for our members between the ages of 16 and 22.
My Generation Program features include:
- FREE Checking
- FREE Debit Card
- FREE Mobile Banking, Home Banking, and Online Bill Pay
- My Generation Share Certificate of deposit: This special plan gives you a bonus investment rate for 12 months, and gives you a break on the minimum balance – only $250 is required to open! View investment rates.
- My Generation Auto Loan: Get your first auto loan with Glass City Federal. You can also finance right at a participating dealership!
- Sallie Mae Student Loan Option: For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions, now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates! The Smart Option Student Loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans.
Glass City Federal Credit Union Scholarship
Students are eligible to apply for the Glass City Federal Credit Union Scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
- The student will be attending a 2- or 4-year accredited post-secondary institution, during the 2017-18 school year.
- The student is a member of Glass City Federal; or a parent, step-parent, or legal guardian is a member of Glass City.
- The student submits the required essay and completes the application.
How To Apply
Please complete and submit the application with the required essay by March 31, 2017. Winners will be notified by May 1, 2017.
Click on the image to the right for a printable application or click here.
Scholarship and Essay Details
Glass City will award five scholarships, in the amount of $1,000 each. The scholarship will be paid to the Office of the Bursar at the colleges attended by our winners, no later than August 2017. Winners must show proof of enrollment before scholarship payment is sent. Scholarship essays will be reviewed anonymously by Glass City community business partners. The essays will be scored with attention given to spelling and grammar, content, validity and sincerity, and the applicant’s ability to answer the question.
Northwest Ohio Credit Union Alliance Scholarship
The Northwest Ohio Credit Union Outreach Alliance is proud to announce it will be awarding 3 scholarships in 2017.
An applicant must be at least a high school senior, and in pursuit of post-secondary education of any kind, including professional, vocational, and academic studies not limited to colleges and universities.
Click here for a printable application and more information.
Ohio Credit Union Foundation Scholarship
Video Scholarship Overview
The Ohio Credit Union Foundation (OCUF) is inviting Ohio credit union members* pursuing an undergraduate degree to apply for a $5,000 scholarship by creating a 60-second to 2½-minute video answering the question above.
*Video scholarship entrants must be a member of an Ohio-based credit union.
Video Scholarship Timeline
The Video Scholarship contest begins Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017, and ends Sunday, April 30, 2017. All video entries must be submitted by Sunday, April 30, 2017, at 11:59:59 p.m. EST. All videos and personal information must be submitted on the Foundation’s website. www.OhioCreditUnionFoundation.org
Video Scholarship Judging
Video finalists, selected by a judging panel at OCUF, will appear on the OCUF website and the scholarship winner will be announced May 22.
Click here for details, how to apply, and official rules.
What Are You Waiting For?
Talk to a Glass City representative today about our My Generation Student Banking program.